Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Puzzle Pieces and Drafts and Beach Cover Ups, OH MY!

             What is with the fashion world's obsession with beach cover ups? Okay, I know they don't mean them to be. But that's what they essentially are! Well, I'll get to those in a moment. I first want to talk about puzzle pieces.
    Raf Simons has a very puzzle piece way of designing. Not that it's always a bad thing, though! Some designers, like Proenza Schouler, believe that simply stacking shapes like triangles equals creative. Which it doesn't. But Dior is different! Look No.2 was one of my favorites. The mesh mixed with satin and embroidered flowers went well, for some reason. A true designer ( or true anything) has the ability to take the most unlikely methods or materials and make them work.
     I didn't really like the wide sleeved jackets. Too bulky and un- elegant. The worst definitely was look 6. As an experienced knitter, it reminded me of when I make one small mistake and my piece looks nothing like the pattern. A mistake. A defective t shirt from Family Dollar. Enough of my associations. Looks seven and eight were simply terrible. Draping cloth over yourself does not count as clothing. It also goes against a vital element of Christian Dior's design philosophy. Dior traditionally made modest yet feminine and beautiful outfits. That's what he's known for.
      Eleven and twelve were very different. Textured clothing is among many of my favorites (between Zayn Malik's wonderfully coiffed hairand textured Dior dresses, what do I like more?). It's also very hard to figure out. Many textured pieces are more decorative, considering the difficulty in sitting down. Dior did a great job though. It reminded me of bees and those little spiky seed pods. Twenty three was another highlight. Textured, multi colored, and mermaid style. <3 PURE HEAVENLY HEAVEN <3
      Some looks, like twenty four, reminded me of very sleek mud with gas leaked in. Mysteriously beautiful. Look twenty nine was a very miss matched version of the good puzzle piece theory thingy I had going. The dress is brownish balck, and then all of a sudden, bam, wow! We've got shiny colors and a flourescent blue neck wrap. And you knew I'd bring this up: IT LOOKED LIKE A BEACH COVER UP. Made out of found materials, from said beach. And if your a regular reader of this blog, just look at thirty five. 'Nuff said. And thirty eight didn't even reference beach cover up. It simply was one.
   Th rest of the looks were pretty bad. I really like the choice of Raf Simons at Dior, for reals. But this collection was a bit lazy. The rest of the collection was Michael Kors style stripes and more cover ups. And mish-mashing. Yuck. Considering this is a cold season collection, why did thirty two have two huge holes at the top of the sleeves? And another look completely back less? Logic, please!'
   
        

No comments:

Post a Comment